06 March 2005

And now, deep thoughts...not by Jack Handy...

Lately, when people ask me, "How are you," I find myself having to think about the answer. I suppose that that's a good thing, as the answer, up until recently, has been "I've slipped into the seventh circle of Hell! Thank you!" (Not really. I just smiled politely and said something like "Fine, thanks. You?" I figure they don't really want to sit and talk about how I am feeling, so I spare them the truth. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I do it too.) But back to me having to think about the answer... I think I'm in the midst of a turning point in my life...

I think I am getting over my feelings for Chelsea. I know, I've said that before and I wasn't lying; I've been used the fact that our relationship is over for some time now. But I am finally moving on. Can't be sad and lonely forever, hm? Chels was my first love, and I suppose you never really get over that. She and I will always share something special, something beyond friendship, but not a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. You can't really put a label on it, so we've stopped trying. That seems to be difficult for some people around us to accept, but we're in it for our sake...not their's, so I will not try to justify it to anyone.

My future is starting to look brighter. Might not go as originally planned, but what does? I am realizing that there's a lot possibilities for me after graduation. I'll have that magical little piece of paper that says I am smart enough to hire for some (slightly) higher-paying jobs. And I suppose that's the whole point of me being here for four and a half years.

Kinda funny really... College is where most people decide what they want to do with their lives. I had it all planned out when I got here. I was going to study German and Political Science and make it big in some global career. Now, I'm studying History and German, looking to become a teacher or something along those lines. And those lines are getting grayer and grayer... So, whatever happens happens. I'm not going to worry about my future anymore. I'm going to plow forward and let life happen.

Here goes nothing...

No comments: