09 April 2006

I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my biiiiike!

There's nothing like no such thing as a leisurely bike ride to work. Especially when you're out of shape, like me. I've decided that since I can't fit an excercise plan into my busy schedule, I'd just try to be more active. So, yesterday and today, I biked to work. Whew. I don't remember biking ever being that hard! The route I take is about two and a half miles, one way, which (for all you math majors) means I biked 5 miles each day, making for a 10 mile weekend. I know, it doesn't seem like much for all you perfectly in-shape, hard-core cyclists, but for me, that's a lot of traveling without a gas pedal and a clutch. I'm going to try to bike more during the week, but I usually get pretty busy, as you well know. But every little bit helps.

No comments: