11 September 2005

iPod Nano

I must say, I've given into Apple's marketing skills. They released a brand new iPod on Wednesday and as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it. So, I'm going to get it. It's completely impractical, I don't need it and really, I can't afford it. But what the hell! That won't stop me from justifying to myself why I DO need it! Here are the reasons:

1. It's a lot smaller than my full-sized iPod, which fits in my pocket, but it's a bit bulky. The new iPod Nano is smaller than a business card and fits into that little pocket in my jeans that know really knows what it's there for. I'll still keep my 20gb iPod, as it fits my entire music library, whereas the nano will not.
2. It has a world clock on it, which will come in very handy for when I go to you-know-where...
3. It's really cool!
4. My current iPod was free, so it's kind of like getting two for the price of one. Would you pass that up? Neither would I.
5. I mean, REALLY COOL!

So, now that I've committed (in my mind) to buying this small wonder, I have to come up with a saying that Apple can laser-engrave on the back. I think I'm going with "It is the soundtrack of your ever-flowing life," [in German, of course!] But I'm open to new ideas. I like all of these ideas, but I don't think Apple will go for them.

So I ask you, O loyal TobyFans: If you were getting an iPod nano (and you should), what would you engrave on the back of yours?

No comments: