13 January 2005

I love my job!

You might notice the time of this post. It's really really early in the morning, or late at night, depending on which way you look at it. But I couldn't wait to post this! As you know, I work at the police station as a dispatcher. My shift tonight was supposed to be really boring, as I was just operating the switchboard. I did that from 1700-2300, like I was scheduled, but then I figured, since I wasn't going to be doing anything better, why not ride along with an officer? Well, Wednesday nights are party nights at UNC, and this being the first Wednesday of the semester, we figured it could get pretty rowdy... That's an understatement! I witnessed three arrests tonight, one of which was resisting arrest, so I got to watch officers wrestle a guy to the ground while I was telling bystanders to go back into their rooms. I felt pretty important. And I spent the other half of the night listening to a drunk kid who was cuffed to his bed tell me about how he was going to beat up me and the officer I was with. I'd love to go into more details, but sadly, I'm not allowed. But anyway, I just wanted to share this, because I actually had a really exciting night. Good night...or morning, O loyal TobyFans!

No comments: