30 July 2007

For those of you who were wondering,

I am OK. Physically, anyway. The job search is really starting to grind my gears and it's really, really hard to stay positive. I know some of you reading this can relate... When I'm not filling out applications (some of you know how irritably daunting education applications can be) or chasing down phantom jobs (schools should really update their job postings every now and then), I'm doing stuff around the house while listening to the rents tell me how great it would be if I could get a teaching job (Good thing, too. I didn't know how great it would be if I could get a teaching job. Now I know why I went to college...). Needless to say, all of this does not make for a pleasant Toby, which is why when I do get a moment of quiet time, I spend it in a book or something else anti-social. So, my apologies for the neglect I've shown. I have subbing (actually, guest teacher. HA!) applications in and so, once they are processed (God only knows how long that'll take), I should have a little bit of money and certainty (and sanity) coming my way, which will mean a little more stable free time to hang out and do social stuff...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Chin up Toby! Something will come your way. Are you going up to the wine tasting? You should steal the car back from your brother. If you want to meet me at work (cause we all know how safe your car is heehee) we can drive up together. Let me know!