31 May 2007

ICE Blogging

So, I was on the ICE this morning on my way back from dropping off Jake at the airport (pictures forthcoming) and the cool mirrored digital display on the train flashed that wireless was available on select tracks. So, I thought I'd give it a shot, and sure enough, my computer found a T-Mobile hotspot on a train traveling at 100+ mph through Germany! Unfortunately, because it was T-Mobile, it was extremely expensive (2€ for 15 minutes); I didn't bother logging on. But, for free, I could pull up a map on my computer that showed me where I was (in the below picture, between Aschaffenburg and Würzburg). I don't know exactly how the technology works, but it was very cool. And of course, I couldn't resist taking a picture of myself with my Mac. Good times.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

while flying over the rockies i determined that pilots really should add a travel soundtrack to their services.... nothing too spectacular just the important stuff (on your left you'll see a big dot, that's lake powell, the hole on the right is the grand canyon, the white dots are clouds, that line on the right is the border between new mexico and arizona, etc.) either that or i need to begin memorizing my google earth images. :)
xo