30 June 2006

Proactivity good.

In my impatience to get my camera, I have been continually checking the DHL site to see if, by some miracle, my camera would arrive today. It's a good thing I kept checking, as this morning, it showed that my camera had arrived at the Loveland Post Office. Knowing it would take at least a day to make it to the Greeley Post Office (about a half hour away, normal driving time), and being the impatient person I am, I gave the Loveland office a call to see if I just come pick it up. They said that it would be no problem. So, I drove over to Loveland and the camera wasn't there, besides there being a DHL shipment that arrived at the same time DHL said it had. I talked to a very nice and helpful employee (at the post office?!) and he did a lot of research trying to find it. We called the Greeley office, using their super-top-secret-employees-only phone number and my package had showed up there five minutes before we called. So, I told them to hold onto it and I would be there to pick it up.

To make a long story short (too late, I know!), I got my camera! It's very cool. I can't wait to start shooting with it.

DHL = bad.
Proactivity = good.
My camera = even cooler than I thought it would be.

No comments: