04 July 2005

Good things await those who ...uh... wait

Well, I must say that this has been one of my most productive trips back home I've made. I got approved for a car loan at Ent Federal, I figured out how to sell my stock online (over $2000 worth ) and I learned about an exciting new career opportunity that's perfect for me (and no, it's not PC repair)!

First, the car stuff: I know I've been saying this since January, but the new car IS at hand. Got all the finances lined up, so now its just a matter of selling my stock and getting my mom down to the bank to cosign the loan. Then, the Jetta is mine. And don't think you're off the hook! No no...This will not be the end of me going on and on and on about my car. I've barely just begun.... MUHAHAHAHAHA!

*ahem* The end.

HAHA, just kidding. I'm not done yet. Gotcha good, buddy! I haven't told you about this career opportunity that, with my dad having been in the military and me going into teaching, I surprisingly hadn't even thought of! I went to my dad's company BBQ today and was talking to one of his colleagues and he brought up the idea of me teaching at a Department of Defence (DOD) school. For those of you not familiar with DOD schools, they are American schools set up around the world for the children of American service men and women. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before. Not only would I satisfy my (sometimes severe) case of Wanderlust, but I would get to do what I love too! Plus, I would have the same schedule as most teachers, which would mean I would get three months of the year free! Three months of anything I want to do in -- dare I say -- Germany! And if I get tired of one place, I put in for a transfer to another! That means I still might get to live in Germany! Also, almost anywhere else in the world...Woot woot! I just hope they don't send me to that terrible Planet of the Apes!

So, a pretty darn good trip home. I'm heading back to Greeley on Tuesday morning at some point. Back to work for now. But the future is looking bright and I'm pretty stoked!

No comments: